Cities Alliance: Sustainable Integration – Reflections on Local Interventions and Urban Refugee Policy
Cities Alliance and Kenya's Turkana County Government co-host Sustainable Integration – Reflections on Local Interventions and Urban Refugee Policy. The peer-learning event will take place in Lodwar, Kenya, from 31 January to 2 February 2023.
The event is organised within the framework of the Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF): Inclusive Urban Development and Mobility – Regional Network and Dialogue Action, a platform led by Cities Alliance that supports secondary cities in the Horn of Africa to address the challenges of urbanisation and the rising number of refugees and displaced.
The three-day gathering will include a series of roundtable discussions and technical sessions on topics such as:
- A model of integration - The experience from Turkana County, Kenya
- The role of local actors in managing migration along the Eastern Desert Route, Ethiopia
- Using ecosystem mapping to engender social cohesion and sustainable livelihoods
- The role of data in legal protection and inclusive urban planning in cities hosting refugees: the case of Arua, Uganda
- Urban planning and management approaches for the integration of refugees and IDPs - Experiences from Ethiopia and Somalia
- Integration of refugees in resource-constrained municipalities: The case of Koboko, Uganda
- IGAD's work on cross-border programming on migration and mobility.
Click here to access more information.