Course: Gender Responsive Governance (The Hague Academy for Local Governance)
How can policies and programmes be inclusive and more specifically, gender-sensitive? How do values of inclusiveness and gender equality result in better performance and greater benefits for your organization or community? This course discusses gender-sensitive strategies as well as tools for gender analysis, mainstreaming gender and gender-responsive budgeting in policies and programmes at the local level.
Key concepts of this course will include gender analysis, gender mainstreaming, gender budgeting, equitable service delivery, social-economic empowerment, meaningful participation, transformative change, effective communication, working with gender in complex settings, gender in conflict and peace and Gender-Based Violence.
- Increase your knowledge about gender concepts and relate to the latest insights in gender-responsive governance, including fragile contexts;
- Adopt tools for conducting gender analysis, gender mainstreaming and budgeting in development initiatives;
- Design strategies for equitable service delivery and socio-economic empowerment of marginalized groups;
- Compare different approaches for meaningful participation of marginalized groups in development initiatives;
- Improve your personal skills in effective communication and action planning for a meaningful change in your organisation/programme activities.
To get more information, please click here.
To register, please click here.