Theories of Change in Fragile Contexts Course
Swisspeace, in collaboration with the University of Basel, offers a Theories of Change in Fragile Contexts Course in Basel from 11-13 March 2020.
Theories of change help aid workers and peacebuilders to make their programs more effective, but they are rarely used to their full potential. Creating a detailed logic of intervention helps to identify gaps in programming, highlight assumptions that need to be tested and provide a sound base for strategic choices that can increase impact. This course provides the conceptual background for working with theories of change in fragile contexts and then focuses on how ‘good’ theories of change can be developed and used by practitioners to gain an in-depth understanding of the change their programs trigger.
In this course participants will:
- learn to understand the concepts of theories of change and the basics to work with them.
- build theories of change on different levels (project, program and organizational level).
- train your skills with practical exercises.
- get insights on different uses of theories of change for design, monitoring and evaluation.
- develop ideas on using theories of change as a tool to foster organizational learning and grapple with complexity.
- exchange experiences and become part of a community of practice.
Interested in participating?
Find more information here.