Virtual Event: Leave No One Behind - Moving the Agenda Forward
The pledge to ‘leave no one behind’ is a fundamental principle underlying Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals. Its emphasis on prioritising the welfare of the most disadvantaged groups and reducing group-based inequalities has the capacity to bring about transformative change. Yet five years on from signing this pledge, there is little agreement on how to adapt it into actionable policies.
Drawing from ODI's upcoming report 'Leave no one behind: five years into Agenda 2030', the event examines the core elements of the pledge, how it is affected by Covid-19 and what promising examples of national, regional and international progress are, in turning this pledge into policy. Looking forward, the speakers explore what needs to be done to advance the agenda further.
- Gonzalo Hernández Licona (Chair) - Director of Multidimensional Poverty Network, Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative
- Besinati Phiri Mpepo - Technical Director, Social Accountability, World Vision International
- Martin Evans - Senior Research Fellow, Equity and Social Policy, ODI
- Rachel M. Gisselquist - Senior Research Fellow, United Nations University
- Ricardo Fuentes Nieva - Independent Consultant and former CEO, Oxfam Mexico
Learn more about the event and the speakers and register here.