Call for Contributions: UN Local2030 Spotlight Series on COVID-19 Response
To raise awareness for the work of local and regional governments concerning COVID-19 responses in the context of SDG implementation, the Local2030 Network has recently launched a spotlight series featuring 2-minute recordings by city and regional representatives. The goal of the recordings is to demonstrate what key challenges local and regional governments are currently facing and what innovative solutions they have developed to achieve the goals of the 2030 Agenda against the backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Each week a new topic will be addressed:
- Week 1: Housing and Shelter
- Week 2: Urban Basic Services provision
- Week 3: Livelihoods and Local Economies
- Week 4: Safety and Vulnerability in local communities (May 27– June 3)
- Week 5: Innovative Partnerships (June 3 – June 10)
- Week 6: Data and Technology (June 11 – June 18)
- Week 7: Sustainable Finance (June 19 – June 26)
Interested parties are invited to participate by uploading smartphone or camera videos to the Local2030 dropbox folder or by sharing their recordings via Twitter and using the hashtags #Local2030 and #SpotlightSeries. The submitted videos will be published on the social media channels of the Local2030 Network and used to encourage a global debate on COVID-19 and the crucial role of local government for overcoming the crisis.
Learn more about the initiative on the Local2030 Network's website here.