Course: Climate Adaptation & Local Resilience (The Hague Academy for Local Governance)
The course discusses how local authorities can adapt to climate change and increase their climate resilience. It will discuss climate change projections and scenarios and further explore the policy implications of climate change projections in a case study. It will identify tools to measure climate change vulnerabilities and practice by assessing their own local context and then zoom in on the design and planning of sustainable development policies. A part will explore instruments for financing climate adaptation.
There will be interactive sessions, best practices from different parts of the world and linked to the context of the participants.
In this course you will:
- Understand the concepts of climate change, climate adaptation, mitigation and resilience
- Increase insight into climate change scenarios and policy implications
- Assess climate vulnerabilities
- Design climate policies and action plans
- Implement and finance climate policies with stakeholders in your organisation and community
- Mainstream sustainability and climate actions in your organisation