SAVE THE DATE: "How the COVID-19 Crisis Challenges Resilience and Functionality of Multi-level Governance Systems in Asia" - DeLoG Webinars with ADB, LOGIN ASIA and GIZ
In September the DeLoG Secretariat together with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) will offer two webinars to explore the implications of the Covid-19 crisis on multi-level governance systems in the Asia-Pacific region.
These webinars have been organised in partnership with the ADB, the Local Governance Initiative and Network (LOGIN) Asia and German Development Cooperation (GIZ). Panelists will include representatives from several ADB-Developing Member Countries, ADB-staff, academics and the OECD.
The webinars are scheduled for 2 and 10 September 2020, at 02:00 pm CEST (08:00 pm Manila time).
The first webinar (2 September) on “Policies and Strategies Post Covid-19: How to strengthen Multi-level Systems in Asia” will look at policy and strategy challenges for Asia’s multi-level systems. Moreover, it will explore how the political, fiscal and administrative features of multi-level systems can be improved to cope with the medium-term impact of Covid-19. The implications of the pandemic for realising the 2030 Agenda in the region and for efforts to localise the SDGs will be considered as well.
Panellists of this first webinar will include:
- Bruno Carrasco, Chief of Governance Thematic Group Thematic Advisory Service Cluster, Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department, Asian Development Bank
- Dorothée Allain-Dupré, Head, Centre for Entrepreneurship, SMEs, Regions and Cities (CFE), Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
- Dr. Gabe Ferrazzi, University of Gulph (Canada): Multilevel Governance in Combating COVID19: Emerging Lessons
Online registration for this webinar is now open.
The second webinar (10 September) on “Coping with the Crisis: Multi-level Systems in Action” will discuss practical experiences of different countries in the region in responding to the Covid-19 situation, looking in more detail at the respective roles and mandates of each level of government and the effectiveness of existing mechanisms and processes of coordination and communication between levels of government.
Panellists of this second webinar will include
- Dr. Dhawal Shumshere Rana, Mayor of Nepalgunj, Nepal
- Lee Jae-joon, Mayor, Goyang City, Korea
- Sarada Muraleedharan (Ms) (IAS), Principal Secretary, Local Self-Government Department, Kerala (India)
- Ahmed Javed Qazi, Secretary Local Government and Community Development, Punjab (Pakistan)
- Prof. Dr. Diah Natalisah, MBA, Deputy for Public Service Delivery, Ministry for Administrative Reform, Indonesia
Online registration for this webinar is now open as well.
For more information, please have a look at the concept note.
Please feel free to share this information with your networks!