do you participate in the World Urban Forum 10 in Abu Dhabi? We would like to invite you to join our
If you want to go far, go with many:
Strengthening the local voice at the international level
Development Partners Network on Decentralisation and Local Governance (DeLoG) & European Commission, DG DEVCO
Cities and municipalities are one of the major change drivers in the implementation of the SDGs. Policies and activities on the local level have proven to show an immediate effect on reaching many of the SDGs. Both the 2030 Agenda and the New Urban Agenda aim to strengthen the role of urban areas and notably networks and associations as dynamic actors of local action. The Development Partners Network on Decentralisation and Local Governance (DeLoG) and the European Commission, DG DEVCO, invite to open the discussion for the major challenges faced by cities and municipalities in promoting effective local action and how networks and associations can help to tackle the urgent challenges and step in to raise the local voice to the international level.
Panel discussion with the following panelists:
- Greg Munroe - Secretary General, Commonwealth Local Government Forum
- Jean Pierre Elong Mbassi - Secretary General of UCLG-Africa
- Edgardo Bilsky - Director of Research and Intelligence at United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG)
- Sarah Bentz - Policy Officer for Sustainable Development Goals (Platforma/CEMR)
- Lars Gronvald - EU DEVCO Unit C5 (Cities, Local Authorities, Digitalisation, Infrastructures)
Moderator: Christian Luy – DeLoG
For more information, have a look at the concept note.
Follow us on Twitter: @DeLoG_2030
Contact us: www.delog.org