Unleashing the Power of the Private Sector for the 2030 Agenda
This five-week course introduces participants to the different types of private sector entities and demonstrates how strategically engaging with them can help implement the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. It introduces participants to tools to identify common objectives to create shared value and emphasises the importance of mitigating risk. The course also reinforces the need for participants to advocate for placing sustainable development at the core of businesses and investing.
The five weeks of the course will focus on:
- Week 1: How partnerships are vital to the 2030 Agenda.
- Week 2: The role of the private sector in implementing the 2030 Agenda.
- Week 3: How to pursue partnerships with the private sector: frameworks for action.
- Week 4: Due Diligence: protecting against reputational risk.
- Week 5: Engaging with the private sector: way forward
At the end of the 5-weeks, participants will:
- Benefit from an in-depth understanding of the imperative to engage with the private sector for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the concept of shared value
- Understand that the private sector is not a monolithic entity and how it can be engaged at every level, international, national and local.
- Demonstrate an understanding of frameworks to design and tools to develop partnerships with the private sector;
- Demonstrate an improved understanding of the importance of due diligence before pursuing engagements;
- Be able to articulate the need for and advocate for more private sector engagement in achieving the 2030 Agenda.
This online course is offered free-of-charge. Deadline for registration is on 31st January 2020.
For more information and to register, please click here.