Virtual Conference: Cities as bridges between the SDGs and citizens in a post-COVID-19 world: elements for socio-economic recovery (HLPF Side Event)
UN SDG Action Campaign + United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) + UN-Habitat + United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) + Italian Association of the Council of European Municipalities and Regions (AICCRE)
Local and regional governments are key for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda. The SDGs have become a tool for many cities to rebuild trust and communicate with their citizens. Within the situation created by the COVID-19 pandemic, local action is going to be key to “turn around” economic and social behavior to create opportunities for socio-economic recovery under a new light for the 2030 Agenda. The event will also bring the recommendations of the Venice City Solutions 2030 organized in October 2019 focusing on the role of the SDGs to create citizenship.
- H.E. Ambassador Stefano Stefanile, Chargé d´affaires, Permanent Mission of Italy to the United Nations
- Stefano Bonaccini, President of the European Council of Municipalities and Regions (CEMR), President of AICCRE and President of the Emilia Romagna Region (Italy)
- Edward Miño, Executive Director of CONGOPE, Consortium of Autonomous governments of Ecuador
- Pier Paolo Baretta, Deputy Minister, Ministry for Economy and Finance, Republic of Italy
- Vasu Gounden, Founder and Executive Director, the African Centre for the Constructive Resolution of Disputes (ACCORD)
- Marina Ponti, Global Director, UN SDG Action Campaign
- Carla Rey, Secretary General, Italian Association for the Council of European Municipalities and Regions (AICCRE)
- Emilia Saiz, Secretary General, UCLG
For more information, and to register for the event, please click here.