Webinar: Can Economic and Financial Innovation Make a Difference in a Pandemic?
ABOUT THE EVENT
Many are focused on the response of governments to the pandemic and its economic impact, and the scale of support needed from the IMF and development banks, both multilateral and bilateral. But the private sector must lead as well, not just in the recovery phase but also in crisis response. Its capacity for rapid adaptation and innovation, understanding of consumer behavior, flexibility, and productive capacity are essential for responding to multiple and ongoing shocks and uncertainties. How can the public and private sectors collaborate most effectively in restarting financial flows, delivering essential health and other services to the vulnerable, and restoring livelihoods?
- Josh Bicknell, Co-founder and CEO, Balloon Ventures
- James Habyarimana, Provost Distinguished Associate Professor, McCourt School of Public Policy, Georgetown University; Global Innovation Fund Board Member; and Non-Resident Fellow, Center for Global Development
- Farouk Meralli, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, mClinica Pharmacy Solutions
- Alix Peterson Zwane, Chief Executive Officer, Global Innovation Fund and Non-Resident Fellow, Center for Global Development
- Nancy Lee, Senior Policy Fellow, Center for Global Development