Webinar: Cities for All - Equity and Access in Times of Pandemic
The Disability Inclusive and Accsesible Urban Development Network (DIAUD) works to advance the Cities for All Global Compact and Campaign. Over the next few weeks will convene city leaders, industry partners, academia and grass roots oragnizations to coordinate and prioritize the needs of PwD and older persons in cities heavily affected by the current Covid-19 Pandemic.
World Enabled, with our Cities for All partners are hosting action-oriented webinar series called “Equity and Access in times of Pandemic”. This series will feature expert speakers from affected areas and highlight global responses to protect older persons and persons with disabilities.
As a network of networks we leverage resources and insights from our partners (UCLG, GIZ/BMZ, UN-Habitat, WBU, CBM, World Economic Forum, World Institute on Disability, City Possible, among others) to collect and activate disability-inclusive responses within cities.
The Next webinar will occur this Wednesday, March 25th, 12:00 pm - 01:30 pm (EST- New York time). The webinar series will run every Wednesday for the next 8 weeks, we will be sharing more information in the coming days.
Learn about what cities are doing to:
1. Ensure that all pandemic responses are disability-inclusive, including through consultation and partnerships with persons with disabilities.
2. Provide continued access to all goods and services, including disability-specific support services, necessary for safeguarding the wellbeing of persons with disabilities
3. Deliver public information in accessible formats – with public communication messaging that is bias-free and respectful of all population groups, including persons with disabilities
4. Make medical and quarantine policies and processes accessible and disability inclusive
5. Safeguard the income security and livelihoods of persons with disabilities
Objective: Gather Cities for All signatories and partners to protect and coordinate disability inclusive pandemic respones at the local level.
Content: Challenges and opportunities of the Covid-19 Pandemic for local governments.
Participation is Key: Public sector can lead but it is not enough to save lives
Other dates for the webinar:
- April 15th, 2020 (Time TBC)
- April 22nd, 2020 (Time TBC)
- April 29th, 2020 (Time TBC)
- May 06th, 2020 (Time TBC)
- May 13th, 2020 (Time TBC)
For more information, plesse click here.
In case you missed the webinar, or you want to review the discussion, please find all materials below. Please note that the video starts only after 8 minutes, hence you can skip the first minutes of the video.