Course: Localizing the Sustainable Development Goals: Tools for Local Transformation (UCLG)
The course aims to train and provide tools to local and regional governments (LRGs) and their associations to implement and adapt the SDGs at the local level, a process known as “localization of the SDGs”.
The training program is intended primarily for technical and political authorities in the fields of international relations, development cooperation, strategic and public policy planning or any other field of government work related to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda. It also encourages the participation of profiles that guide and manage sustainable local development policies or programs at other levels.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to conduct SDG-compliant policies and align their municipal or regional action plans with the 2030 Agenda. Thanks to the theoretical foundations and the applied experience, the following skills are sought:
- Identify new international challenges facing local and regional governments;
- Mobilize local stakeholders to ensure ownership of the 2030 Agenda by local and regional governments around the world;
- Identify the benefits of localizing the SDGs in general local policy making and in development strategies in particular;
- Internalize the leadership culture of local and regional governments to achieve the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs;
- Gain practical knowledge in the managing instruments for localizing the SDGs: planning tools, advocacy tools, project implementation tools and monitoring and evaluation tools;
- Share different real life experiences of localizing the SDGs;
- Contribute to strengthening the global alliance for sustainable development.
For more information and to register, please click here.